WHAT THE FUNK?! CREW

EAST COAST POPPIN CREW REPRESENTING THE EASTCOAST POPPIN TO THE FULLEST!!!

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Get Down in Philly!!!


Last sunday I went to attend this event called "The Get Down:Poppin Edition" that took place in midtown Philly.

I never been to philly nor have I heard of any poppers from there so I had no interest in attending the event.
However, I found out that my good friends Jet Jaguar and C-lo(Regulators), poppin Tito and snap2(Floor Lords) were attending so I changed my mind and got in the car.

Since I didnt know any Philly poppers nor the judges of the event, I had no high expectations. All I was interested in was to get down with my boys, represent What The Funk?! Crew, and show some different feels of poppin to philly poppers.

The overall event were as I and my friend expected. Not well organized, breaks were too long,misterious smoke coming out from nowhere, weird judging and problems continuously happened.

Although it wasn't one of the "good" events that I have attended, some of the competitors were really dope.

To name a few, Boog,Sk8,Bink,and Jon.

I forgot to get a footage of these dancers gettin down but these guyz had some skills and flavor they can offer to the battle ground.

Since I focus on a style call "boogaloo"I specially enjoyed watching Skate's boogaloo.

The way he danced clearly proved that he understood the knowledge and the foundation of the style and I was quite impressed to see such a high skilled dancer out in Philly.
If u were ever to visit the state of phildelphia, I suggest u find these dancers and session with them.

Here are some battle footage of the event!!!!!

Jett Jaguar(The guy with the fedora hat)


Poppin Jon (The guy with a black hat)


Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment