WHAT THE FUNK?! CREW

EAST COAST POPPIN CREW REPRESENTING THE EASTCOAST POPPIN TO THE FULLEST!!!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mentality

I have a problem. Multiple problems. I kept blaming my physicality. As I mentioned in my last post, it is an incredibly important part of dance. However, it is through constant practice that I noticed my biggest problem, and now am man enough to acknowledge it.

I'm a little bitch.

By that I mean that my mentality is lacking. I get frustrated easily, and when I am, I lash out against anyone and anything. I blame my body for the weakness, the lack of control, the false movements. But where do all the original commands stem from? THE MIND.

So let me put it this way, I am young and inexperienced as a dancer but I'm sure most cannot argue with me about the following statement. Dancing is mental first. If you are unclear or unsure about your dance, then it will most definitely show in your movement. Just as you train to control your body, you must train to control your mind.

This is not to say that everyone must be at the perfect level of balance and mental peace. Frustration is normal. Frustration is good. It displays the desire to improve, the will to surpass an obstacle. It becomes bad when the frustration turns you away from your goal. When you let it get to your head and end up feeling upset with yourself. All those thoughts must end. Remember, control your mind to manipulate your movement the way you want it to move. Master the mind.

~Poppin iLL

No comments:

Post a Comment